Art Spark was born out of the Creative Capacity Initiative; a conversation to address making creativity and innovation a stronger regional value by assessing our region’s strengths and weaknesses, framing problems and brainstorming solutions.
Participants in the Creative Capacity discussions indicated we needed a place where artists and art supporters could meet on a regular basis to connect with each other and the greater creative community. With support from the City of Portland, the Regional Arts & Culture Council launched a monthly (now bi-monthly) networking opportunity for artists to address this need.
Now in its 8th year, Art Spark is becoming the networking event for Artists and Art lovers of all backgrounds and varieties. People are making important professional connections and discovering more of what is happening in Portland’s creative community.
THE ART SPARK MISSION
A Quarterly Mingling of Artists of all sorts to meet, discuss, blather, applaud & plot the growth of the Arts in Portland.
THE FEATURED RACC DEPARTMENT'S ROLE
- Share invaluable RACC information
- Engage the creative community with support and services
- Address how you are connected to the community and
- Why RACC is important to the creative community
COMMUNITY PARTNER'S ROLE
- Be a conductor for the networking
- Engage the creative community with something new or creative
- Share how you are connected to the community and
- Why you are important to the community
- Quarterly 3rd Thursday in Jan, April, July and Oct
- 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
– Every event has a focal point
– At 6:30 p.m. the featured RACC department will have the spotlight
- Rotating locations — established food and beverage service, monetarily accessible, "no-host bar", open to the public
INTERESTED IN BEING A COMMUNITY PARTNER? >>